Tips to Start a Business Services Newsletter
If you are thinking about starting a newsletter to promote your business services, consider these tips to take marketing action:
- Plan on producing a quarterly newsletter. This gives you some flexibility in the dates for distribution.
- Focus on how your clients are using your services and benefiting.
- Keep it short – one or two pages.
- Include photos and remember to take your camera to events and client meetings.
- Ask your clients for testimonials to include in the articles.
- Use a professional designer to make it eye catching.
- Keep a running list of story ideas.
- Post your newsletter on your web site.
To see an example of a business services newsletter, look at the College of the Sequoias Training and Development Summer 2012 newsletter. This California community college produced the newsletter to promote customized employer training and business services to manufacturers through the Center for Applied Competitive Technologies.