Is your company struggling to meet increased demand with limited staff? If your organization is missing deadlines or has a backlog of unfilled orders, this workshop on how to Increase Capacity without Adding Costs will help you improve capabilities to meet customers’ needs. Learn how to apply Value Stream Mapping tools to use existing assets more effectively.
Discover ways to boost your profits at this Increase Capacity without Adding Costs workshop on applying Lean Value Stream Mapping tools. Sierra College Center for Applied Competitive Technologies (CACT), offers this training at the Gateway Campus, 333 Sunrise Rm. 123 in Roseville from 8:30 to 4:30 on April 5 & 6. Jes Vargas, DPMG Corp. and CACT Trainer is the presenter. The fee is $50. Learn more at www.sierracollegetraining.com.
Using this mapping tool, one company discovered that it took 23 days to do three minutes of work. Another saved $800,000 revamping cell phone contracts and policies. The most common time wasters are redundancy, unnecessary steps, waiting for material and information, and redoing work because information is missing. Value Stream Mapping enables employees to look in depth at current business activities, depict what’s happening visually and make changes that increase capacity to meet demand using existing resources.
At this workshop, learn how to draw a picture of what is happening and identify improvements:
- Look in detail at each step of a specific business process
- Diagram what happens and who works on it
- Show bottlenecks and wait times
- Gather data on how much time each action takes
- Distinguish the steps that add value for the customer and those that don’t
A Sacramento firm used Value Stream Mapping to review an accounting process. Employees discovered that they spent time on scanning, printing, creating duplicates and filing documents that contained information that was stored on computers. They used Value Stream Mapping to reduce six steps to three, cut the process time in half and save over 250 hours annually.
Gain a competitive advantage by attending this interactive workshop with industry examples:
- Learn how Value Stream Mapping works and how to apply it
- Identify methods for gathering data, timing activities and showing steps on a process map
- Experience making Value Stream Maps that reflect the current situation and desired state
- Use maps to engage employees, support initiatives and link waste to cost savings