Marketing action plan for tradeshows
If you are planning to particpate in a tradeshow, start your marketing planning by asking yourself these questions:
- Date of event
- Audience – # people, who they are
- Atmosphere of this conference and typical displays
- Purpose of attending
- Expected outcome
- What has and has not worked when you attended this or similiar events in the past?
- If you are updating your display, are there events where you may use this same display because of a similiar audience and purpose?
- What else will attract an audience – movie on TV, demonstrations?
- Do you want promotional giveaways?
- What are your plans to invite clients and prospects to stop by your booth?
- How will you collect attendees’ contact info – from conference organizers or with a drawing at your booth?
- What follow-up do you have planned with those who visit the tradeshow?
- Are there opportunities to provide door prizes that are announced?
- Can you give an educational presentation?
- How will you prepare staff who are working the booth?
- What coordination is required with conference group about electricity, union rules for bringing in booth, timing and set up requirements?